Makes 1 large loaf or 2 medium ones
1 package Butterfly bread flour blend
1 Tablespoon dry yeast
2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
4 Tablespoons vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, optional
1. In a mixer bowl, place bread flour blend, yeast and sugar .Mix for 2 minutes on a low speed. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, water and oil; add to the mixer bowl. Knead until dough is formed. Add salt and continue kneading for 4-6 minutes until dough is shiny and a little sticky.
2. Spray oil on top of the dough, so the dough doesn’t dry. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm, dry place, for 60 to 90 minutes or until dough is double in size.
3. Transfer dough to a lined baking sheet. Punch the dough to get air out. Grease your hands and shape dough into 1 or 2 loaves.
4. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise again for 30 more minutes.
5. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a dish filled with boiling water at the bottom of the oven. Sprinkle with seeds and bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and continue baking for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack. The bread will keep fresh in an airtight container for 24 hours, or slice and freeze.