Makes 2 dozen cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2½ cups All Purpose BUTTERFLY™ gluten free flour blend
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup strawberry jam
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and lemon zest.
2. Gradually add BUTTERFLY TM gluten free flour blend and salt to the butter mixture. Turn out the dough onto a clean surface, Shape into a flattened disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the disk between two pieces of parchment paper, or on a surface floured with gluten-free flour, until it is ¼-inch thick. Cut out cookies using a 2½-inch round cookie cutter.
4. Repeat step 4 with the remaining dough, only this time use a smaller round cutter to remove the center of the cookies. Arrange all of the cookies on the baking sheets and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let the cookies cool.
6. Spread strawberry jam over the bottoms of the cookies and place the cookies with the holes on top, to make sandwiches. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.